Tutorial! - How to 'SYNC' Between Two Computers

(NEW!) This is a new section designed to answer questions that you may have. More 'in-depth' tutorials will provided here if you need them.

Tutorial! - How to 'SYNC' Between Two Computers

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:41 pm

If you have two computers that you are using the software on (i.e., say a home computer, and one that use on a laptop for say when you are on the 'road'), it is possible to 'sync' your profiles & custom sweepstakes on both computers. To do this, do the following:

Step 1: Copying "FROM" a computer (i.e., your 'good' computer)

1. Go to the computer you want to "copy" files from. (I.e., your 'source' computer, or in otherwords where you have your 'main' contests/sweepstakes, etc).
2. Click on the "File" Menu within the software, then click on "Sync between computers", and then click on "Backup Sweepstakes Files".
3. It is best if you have a USB drive (easiest way to copy). Insert your USB drive, select the 'drive' it should be (i.e., say "F:\"), then click 'ok'. The files will be 'copied' over.
4. Once the files have been 'backed' up, you will get an 'ok' message that pops up saying that the files were successfully copied.

Step 2: Restoring/Syncing/Copying "TO" a new computer (i.e., your laptop)

5. Then, insert your USB drive in your 'target' computer.
6. Click on the "File" Menu within the software, then click on "Sync between computers", and then click on "Restore Sweepstakes Files".
7. The software will then ask you if this is what you really want to do (because it will 'overwrite' any existing information you have). If it is (which it probably is), then click 'yes'.
8. Choose the directory where your USB drive is (i.e., "F:\"), then click 'OK'.
9. Once you've done that, the files will be 'copied', and 'synced' on your new computer.

And that is it!

Cheers!

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

HELP!!!!!Re: Tutorial! - How to 'SYNC' Between Two Computers

Postby ccasky » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:06 pm

OK___ i did exactly how you stated in the posts and tutorial BUT in order to install ninja in my new laptop i first had to start the free 1 week version to get it on my laptop and i'm afraid i really screwed it up now!!! when i put the usb in and clicked on the drive -they all sated they were not available - so i finally clicked on the dvd drive and then on my new computer i clicked on the dvd drive and it stated the ninja system wasnt found and it wouldnt do it. i know i'm really missing something and it should be sooooo simple. i just thot of something i think ninja is on firefox on my desk top computer and i only have IE on my new one could that be the problem? why i did it under firfox is beyound me????> thanks
ccasky

Re: Tutorial! - How to 'SYNC' Between Two Computers

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:29 am

Thanks, I've sent you an e-mail which should help.

Cheers!

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby pmeek » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:31 pm

:D Yippee Yay!! Your instructions were perfect! Thank you so much for making it easy for someone like me! Now if only all the other programs and information that I need to transfer to the new computer were only this easy. Thanks Jonathon!
pmeek

Postby pmeek » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:07 pm

:? I guess I spoke too soon. Everything looked ok, but then when I went to Your Sweepstakes my sweeps were there but none of the information was on the forms. Then my profile name disappeared. I tried going thru and typing in all the info and saving but that didn't work either. I am tired from messing with all this today, so I will be back tomorrow to take a better look at it.
pmeek

Return to Frequently Asked Questions/Tutorials