ReFocus, Johnathan...

Discuss anything you feel like talking about related to the software, sweeping, etc.

ReFocus, Johnathan...

Postby donebythefish » Thu May 12, 2011 7:04 pm

While the Instant Win tab is a good idea, I'd prefer a few different things - first, the "Instant Win sponsor ads" you have are a sure-fire way to get smacked with malware or spyware from some of these type of sites. I'd rather see a function where a flash game is displayed and ninja auto-clicks the "Can't see the flash? Click here" link or the "Play" or "Spin Now" button and see what (if anything) we've won. If we choose to peruse the website after that then it's our prerogative. The "games" you have now are nothing but spam and don't even tell you "thanks for playing" or offer any clue that you actually tried an IWG.

Secondly, it's been awhile since you've replied to some of the rather important issues/bugs/topics in these forums. Shouldn't you be working on getting what you already have "mostly working" to getting it to work perfectly instead of adding more new features and buggies? It makes me feel like bringing my car in for repair because it runs rough and they install a new, louder stereo to mask the sound from under the hood instead of fixing the existing problems.

Nobody wants to pay for software that changes it's settings arbitrarily, locks up on certain websites, fails to fill in forms completely or save them correctly ... and your biggest "plus" was your communication with the folks who are trying to help YOU identify and solve these problems and now you've vanished into the night (like a Ninja :D )

Just some food for thought - not trying to bring you down. I just think you should refocus your efforts on a POTENTIALLY GREAT product and fix the existing bugs, respond to forum posts more frequently and not be obsessed with "bells and whistles". At least not until the existing stuff works perfectly.

Anyone else feel this way?
donebythefish

Re: ReFocus, Johnathan...

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Thu May 12, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi Fish,

Actually, I have been working incredibly hard...

1) For the sites -- they are 100% spyware/adware free (I am 100% certain of this). And future sites that are added, etc, will be checked/analyzed/etc to ensure that is the case as well. However, oerhaps I will put in a notice, as well as something that says 'thank-you, please try again' as well as the fact that these sites have been checked. (Because actually it is calculating that, it was just 'behind' the scenes).

2) For the form fililng/etc, that is being worked on. It is a lot, lot, lot, harder than it sounds. It's kind of like making a program that supports 3,000 different types of forms (and in reality, to some degree that is true).

3) Well, it has been suggested that I 'remove' the form filler. The 'locking' up is not the software, it is the actual websites (because they literally have a lot of 'crap' on them, it hogs resources). Filling in the forms, working on that.

4) I have been doing a lot of work on this software to make it the best possible, just some things have not come as fast as I'd like. I am aware of the bug posts that various people have posted, and am doing what I can to get those organized/resolved/etc. The thing is -- in some cases it really isn't the software -- it is the fact that sites have new ways of doing things, so the software has to be 'recustomized' to account for that.

Anyways... I am working on this...

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby pbrint » Fri May 13, 2011 4:57 am

I don't see where to find the instant wins.
pbrint

Postby the_nibblerus » Fri May 13, 2011 5:07 am

So glad to see that I am not the only one. I can't find the Instant Wins. I thought maybe I was losing my mind!
the_nibblerus

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Fri May 13, 2011 6:55 am

Hmmm... what screen resolution are you using? Are you using 800x600?
SweepstakesNinja

Postby the_nibblerus » Fri May 13, 2011 2:36 pm

I'm not..I was using 1024 by 768. I will try changing that.
the_nibblerus

Postby the_nibblerus » Fri May 13, 2011 2:39 pm

I had to change it back, that made it worse. I only see the three tabs up top...Any other suggestions?
the_nibblerus

Postby pbrint » Fri May 13, 2011 5:04 pm

1366x768 the recommended one
pbrint

Postby donebythefish » Fri May 13, 2011 5:31 pm

Sorry to be a PITA, but this is exactly what I started this thread for - new toy, new bugs when the old bugs haven't been addressed yet. I know Johnathan is working hard on everything, but adding more bells and whistles is just increasing the workload... I'd prefer having what currently exists work correctly first before having new toys installed that are just a whole new set of problems to address.

Not everyone has a graphics/video card worthy of 1366x768 - or, in my case, prefer a slightly lower resolution so I don't have to wear my glasses while geeking-out.
donebythefish

Postby the_nibblerus » Sat May 14, 2011 10:02 am

Unfortunately, my computer does not have 1366x768. Wonder if that is the problem.
the_nibblerus

Next

Return to Main Discussion Area