Oooooh! I learned a trick! How to avoid the skips!

Discuss anything you feel like talking about related to the software, sweeping, etc.

Oooooh! I learned a trick! How to avoid the skips!

Postby DesertDance » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:49 am

So, I have 3 profiles, all with different names and addresses. The first entry is the one that enters all. The rest enter some and skip a ton! Reason, per Johnathan, is the software won't enter the same IP number twice for our protection. :?

However, my little brain tried something this morning. I entered profile 1 as usual. On completion, I went to profile 2, and did the one-time override. Now the software thinks, OK, ms. stupid here is going to be entering twice, and she'll be DQ'd. Hehehehehe! Not so! Success in all, and this is my first entry today for profile 2. Worked with profile 3 too!

Very happy with my little trick! :P Shhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell Johnathan!

Suzi
DesertDance

Re: Oooooh! I learned a trick! How to avoid the skips!

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:08 pm

Ah yes...

But... which ones are you saying are skipping? Some may skip -- but it shouldn't be a 'ton' that are skipping :P

But yes, the one time override does work... but don't overdo it (otherwise the software will disable it :P)

And haha, seems Johnathan knows... :P

Cheers,

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby DesertDance » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:06 am

I KNEW you KNEW once I posted my little trick. I won't overdo! This little trick works for things like NeedCoffee. But still a glitch on Woman's Day! The thing doesn't work on my first profile when I only click, Enter all Sweeps for Selected Profile, nor does it work on the other two when I only click on one time override.

Something is wrong with Woman's Day. There is no last submitted date showing, and it doesn't say "skipped." Doesn't matter how I enter. It is not working!

I'm posting this in BUGS because this IS a bug!
Suzi
DesertDance

Postby DesertDance » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:21 pm

The trick works, but only if you don't enter everything first. You must click the override last submited date, and make sure that date is yesterday.
DesertDance

Postby jimmyzark » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:55 pm

I wondered about why this feature was implemented. If you override Ninja's 'one entry per household' skip, won't the second entry (even if it's a completely different person at a different address in second profile) be discarded by the sweepstakes since it will have the same IP address and consider it another entry from the same household?
jimmyzark

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:07 pm

Thanks, yes, it is possible that the actual sweepstakes site may disqualify it.

However, some individuals really wanted the ability to override the feature anyways, so it was added. (I believe because some sweepstakes, i.e., leites culinaria, allow you to enter 2-3 times per day). The software will allow in once per session, however, if it is abused, then the software will automatically disable it permanently.

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Return to Main Discussion Area