Sweeps being added...?

Discuss anything you feel like talking about related to the software, sweeping, etc.

Sweeps being added...?

Postby donebythefish » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:50 am

I know "Ninja Submissions" is updated frequently... but the entries that came with ninja in "Your Submissions" seem to be dwindling. Unless I manually enter my own sweeps into ninja all those sweeps will expire and I'll have no sweeps in that tab.

The issue I have with this is that by the time I copy the url, paste it in to ninja, I either see it as a duplicate entry (usually with the ninja sweeps tab) or ninja is unable to analyze/fill-in the form fields correctly or in their entirety. It has become almost easier to just bookmark my sweeps in firefox and whip through them with roboform - are any sweeps planned to be added to the Your Submissions tab or has it become the responsibility of the user?

Is anyone else having issues with form-filling or adding sweeps to ninja?
donebythefish

Re: Sweeps being added...?

Postby DesertDance » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:32 am

I'm with you! Roboform rocks, and I'm sure I'm entered. VERY important to read the rules of course.

Also, on this topic, every day I sort Ninja Sweeps by last submitted, and for a while NEW sweepstakes would appear. It's been a long time since anything new was added to Ninja Sweeps.
DesertDance

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi Fish,

Not quite sure I understand you? Actually, the entries have been 'increasing' for the 'Your Sweepstakes', usually between 150-200 or so. (It is quite time consuming adding them, as I basically cut & paste rules, expiry dates, etc, in addition to finding them).

As for the form filling, that technology is constantly evolving, so while it may not get 100% of entries, it does get a lot... And in some cases, more than Roboform.

Anyways, still in the process of improving the software even more.

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby masonsgranny59 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:49 pm

would like to see more auto filled daily sweep entries :)
masonsgranny59

Postby donebythefish » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:56 am

150-200? I just counted - I have 16. 4 of which were manually added by me. I have avoided adding more because of the "hassle" (although that has been made a bit easier by reducing the number of required fields in Ninja). Still I wish there was some sort of collaboration between ninja and the roboform people that may benefit both by a sharing of knowledge and experience. It would be a win, win, win! situation for both parties AND subscribers.

I've found that one of the huge benefits of ninja is having it constantly update itself with new sweeps and reducing the number of sweeps I have to enter manually due to required capcha codes, weird questions, multiple pages, etc... it's so nice to set ninja on autopilot and then run through my firefox folders with roboform and entering capchas and such.

Still... wondering why I'm down to a bit over a dozen "Your Submissions" ... any way to update that?

BTW, our iPad 2, 16gig sweeps is ON! If ninja can handle it, the winner will be chosen from our current subscribers list once we hit 1,000 Facebook fans. The signup form is linked from the bottom of the rules page at http://www.sweepingfriends.com/rules.html so add that to ninja if ya want (1x entry)

Fish
donebythefish

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi Fish -- are you using the big sweepstakes database at all? (there should be a big database that appears when you start the software and navigate to the 'my sweepstakes').
All of them work with the software.

Anyways, still in the process of updating the software.

Thanks,
Johanthan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby mrsgroom101 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:53 pm

Ok I know you guys are good at making videos. so why not just explain what you mean by a video, so much easier to understand when someone walks you threw it. Whats not being understood here is the problem. Its not coming accross right as to what the problem is. So please, just make a video and let us see what you are talking about. please !!! then have a section called Videos, lessons to be learned.
And no the videos that are there now are not that great, because the person making them knows what he is talking about. You have to think like a person who just signed in (if that is possible). 8-)
mrsgroom101

Postby donebythefish » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:10 pm

Good point - maybe Johnathan and I can collaborate on some videos both for ninja and sweeping in general... I did just purchase a chroma key ("green screen") setup with and lights and such... maybe share your ideas for videos that you'd like to see first?

Keep in mind that 5-10 mins of video can take 8 hours to finalize and publish. It's a LOT of work and a steep learning curve if you're new to it. Remember, patience is a virtue (unless you gotta pee real bad!) :)

Johnathan I've added a few sweeps from the Big Sweeps but not many because I haven't quite come to trust ninja completely with form filling. I'd rather open them in FF and use roboform for now. Why don't you simply add then to Your Submissions or Ninja Sweeps instead of making us do the work? After all, I thought that was ninja's whole selling point - automatic entry, automatic updates, no DQ's.... we still need to be able to add our own sweeps also that WE find... ;)

mrsgroom - just to clarify, Johnathan and I are two separate entities. We both make videos for our own websites and while we have sweepstaking in common you'll find my videos are MUCH better because...well, I'm better looking! ROFL ;)

Sorry Johnathan - easy target, hehe :)

Does this PHP Board support video or linking to YouTube accounts to play video here in forum?

Fish
donebythefish

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi Fish --

1. Ok, every single sweepstakes in the Big Sweepstakes has been tested, and works with Sweepstakes Ninja. So it should enter no problem.
If you are doing 'auto' submissions - (and perhaps that is where the confusion is) - I will need to change the terminology. Because in the 'your submissions', when it says 'sent', it just means the submit button was clicked. (Not that it was actually 'verified' to make sure it went through).

2. As for videos -- haha, yes, very true. I've gotten 'better' at making videos, but a 5 minute video usually still takes 1-2 hours. Because you have to edit it, upload it, test it, integrate it, etc, etc. So it 'looks' easy, but its a lot more work than you'd think. If you do any special effects, then it can easily balloon into 15-20 hours.

3. As for adding to Ninja -- it does 'auto' fill it - you just need to verify the entry. Usually this is because some entries may require 'additional' information (i.e., for a new home, it might have 'one' question saying when do you want to purchase), or a captcha. (Everything else is done, but you need a captcha).

4. As for video support, I'm not sure - I haven't tried it yet...

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Return to Main Discussion Area