The Unusual

Discuss anything you feel like talking about related to the software, sweeping, etc.

The Unusual

Postby cfireman » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:53 pm

Hi,

I am new and trying to evaluate this software. It seems that the easy forms are easy. It's the unusual forms that I am having difficulty with. Since Johnathan's last e-mail says he may be a week in responding to my question, I thought I would post it here to see if one of the users might have the answer. I have watched all the videos and training material that is available (I was #18 on your latest video Fish, good job!) but none really explain the exceptions. So here is my problem.

Here is the sweepstakes I am trying to fill in the "Your Sweepstakes" tab. http://www.ellecanada.com/contests?id=1497

The videos show that when you right click on a data field (after placing the insertion point in that field) and select a entry type from the context sensitive menu, the actual value is entered. The video shows that when you choose full name, "Bob Smith" is placed in the field. I am trying to enter the first three characters of a Canadian postal code. So I right click in the field and choose the first three characters for the first field, then the last three characters for the second field. I think this is correct since I can see that the software put a code in place in the field, "[**==>newitem!<==**]". But I would have thought that I would have seen "A#A" and not the "[**==>newitem!<==**]" code. The form will not submit with this "[**==>newitem!<==**]" code in the field.

I tried putting the name value in the name field and I again get "[**==>newitem!<==**]". No matter what field I click into or what context sensitive menu item I choose, the "[**==>newitem!<==**]" code is all that is placed into the field.

So how do I get Ninja to put the correct data into the field?

Thank you very much.
cfireman

Re: The Unusual

Postby cfireman » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:55 pm

Johnathan sent me a reply and it seems that this is something he needs to look at closer. Thank you everyone.
cfireman

Return to Main Discussion Area