BEWARE and RTFR!

Discuss anything you feel like talking about related to the software, sweeping, etc.

BEWARE and RTFR!

Postby donebythefish » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:22 am

Just a quick note to RTFR (Read The Freakin' Rules!) and details and checkboxes on ALL sweeps you enter, even if they are ones auto-added or included in the sweepstakesninja program. Hearst magazines (Town & Country, Redbook, etc) sweeps pages contain a feature that auto-subscribes you to the physical publication for that particular sweeps and will attempt to bill you for it. Canceling the subscription via the customer service link at the bottom of the Order Confirmation email you receive is fairly easy... but I've found that several subscriptions cancellation pages generate errors and require a manual email to the fulfillment company to request a cancellation. So save yourselves the hassle and view the entry page carefully before entering!

Just a heads-up to read all your sweeps info carefully - Good Luck!
donebythefish

Re: BEWARE and RTFR!

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:48 am

Good point... I've been debating whether I should actually include the Sweepstakes from them... (simply because how they have their sweepstakes set up)... I am assuming you signed up by accident?
SweepstakesNinja

Postby donebythefish » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:34 am

I did and it was totally my goof for not looking at the sweeps page(s) first. It actually happened to me a few years back with another magazine when I was a newbie to sweeping. This time there was really no excuse. I've been so thrilled using ninja it almost makes me feel like I don't have to RTFR anymore (DOH!) - I guess those who don't remember the past are condemned to repeat it!
donebythefish

Postby wayneraltman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:25 am

LOL I wish I had read this BEFORE it happened to Traci and I... Sneaky suckers got me too..
wayneraltman

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:06 pm

Thanks, sweepstakes like hearst magazine have now been removed from the Big Sweepstakes database.

Cheers!

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Return to Main Discussion Area