[FIXED!] - Errors on 'Your Submissions'.

If you notice any bugs, please post them here. Please indicate what operating system you are using, what kind of computer, amount of RAM, etc, etc, in order to help speed things up. Thanks!

Re: Errors on 'Your Submissions'.

Postby alligatorgar » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:53 pm

I am seeing a few sweeps submitted automatically that are set to manual. The software also put 'yes' in the 'sent' field too.
alligatorgar

Re: Errors on 'Your Submissions'. Suggestions for improvemen

Postby jimmyzark » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:17 pm

I've noticed the same thing, but will have to compare my list with alligatorgar's to see if we have the same sweeps issues. I have some suggestions for improving the user/developer feedback loop.

1) Johnathan- not sure how you do the testing, but perhaps you could try a sandbox or virtual machine or a even a separate PC, first deleting all components and cookies from previous installs, download the ninja software after each update/change 'fresh' from the download link you provide to us, activate it, then add a new profile and run through all the auto big sweeps and ninja sweeps with the site monitoring window open and setting a 5 second delay. You might get some different results which are more reflective of what we are seeing.

2) My second suggestion is to ask for volunteers, in exchange for some consideration, like an extra free month or two subscription to ninja, etc. that would act as beta testers, evaluating the new feature/changes and providing feedback to you as to to whether something works or has problems, giving you a chance to make updates before providing it in a general release update.

3) Finally, we know you are working hard to constantly improve and update the software to reflect user input, which is great, but it might be nice to see a popup each time we open ninja when there have been changes/mods, detailing the changes made from the last time, e.g., 'removed steamy kitchen contests temporarily but updating those and they will return to ninja shortly', 'added manual confirm entry button on big sweeps manual entries'. That way, we, the users wouldn't be surprised by having to figure out what's different and that way EVERYONE would know instantly what changes/improvements have been made, rather than having to search through the forums to find what changes were made and when.
jimmyzark

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:33 pm

Ah,

Thanks, good points.

a) Might have the popup with 'news'.
b) Did update the steamy kitchen. Everything is/was a-ok. (At the moment I don't have it set up 'easily' to download 'updated' contest files, however for new users they will work fine, & new contests from them will as well).
c) There was a small bug with respect to the big sweepstakes database, I believe it should work/be fixed/a-ok now. Do like the volunteer idea, have been considering it.

Thanks for the suggestions... very good ones, have been put on the to-do list...

Cheers!

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby donebythefish » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:03 am

I for one LOVE the beta-tester idea! And fully agree that the opening "splash" screen inform the user of what you've updated/fixed/modified/killed (like celebritycafe, LOL!) - it's a great way of letting folks know there's a real person behind it and controlling it all (just like Wizard of OZ!) and would make people more apt to support you in your endeavors.

On a completely off-side note - is there a way to add an avatar next to our nicknames or does this PHP board not support them?
donebythefish

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:22 pm

Congratulations! That is awesome!
SweepstakesNinja

Postby alligatorgar » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:21 am

I see the good work you have done on bugs. Could you fix the CMT sweeps? They all get the same error. The day part of birthday is not plugged.
http://www.cmt.com/community/sweepstakes/2011/visit-sevierville/
alligatorgar

Postby donebythefish » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Gar that's the dolly parton one - I posted that in my list a day or so ago... it may be a problem with their form and not with ninja but I guess only Johnathan knows for sure.

Congrats on your win. Now I can sleep at night knowing Timmy is safe! :lol:
donebythefish

Postby alligatorgar » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:06 pm

There are about 6 of those CMT contests with the exact same day field skipped.

On a good note. Got and $ 25 gift card from Alliance Truck Parts today.
alligatorgar

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:30 pm

Thanks, will look into that.

& congratulations! That's awesome!

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby donebythefish » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:59 pm

Johnathan do you want me to go through all MY Submissions again and post the ones that still don't work after your recent fixes? I don't mind and can do it by Monday or earlier, depending on how much work I get in on *my* sweepstakes website... if it will help...
donebythefish

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports