[FIXED!] ACK!

If you notice any bugs, please post them here. Please indicate what operating system you are using, what kind of computer, amount of RAM, etc, etc, in order to help speed things up. Thanks!

[FIXED!] ACK!

Postby iluvlucy » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:21 pm

I spent about 6 hours the other day submitting my sweeps to custom submissions. I opened it today and they disappeared! What did I do? or not do?
iluvlucy

Re: ACK!

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:23 am

Hmm. That's wierd, that shouldn't have happened. Try exiting & restarting the software, then waiting 10-20 seconds & let me know if that works.

Might be you just didn't wait long enough for the screen to load.

Thanks,

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby iluvlucy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:03 am

Ok, I tried that. Still gone. I spent some time adding new sweeps again, just to check. Shut down and re started. They were there. So I re-entered sweeps for another 5-6 hour marathon, telling myself it will be so worth it. Off computer for the day- came back and GONE again! Re- started 4 times, still not there! I am going through the whole deal according to instructions, even taking the time to add prize, category,rules etc. choosing auto submit, checking if button found or choosing manual submission with /with out captcha etc.
I will totally spring for an upgrade if this can get figured out, but if they don't stay saved, instead of being the most fantastic program ever, it just makes me cry :(
Any idea why my customs won't stay loaded?
iluvlucy

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:43 am

iluvlucy wrote:Ok, I tried that. Still gone. I spent some time adding new sweeps again, just to check. Shut down and re started. They were there. So I re-entered sweeps for another 5-6 hour marathon, telling myself it will be so worth it. Off computer for the day- came back and GONE again! Re- started 4 times, still not there! I am going through the whole deal according to instructions, even taking the time to add prize, category,rules etc. choosing auto submit, checking if button found or choosing manual submission with /with out captcha etc.
I will totally spring for an upgrade if this can get figured out, but if they don't stay saved, instead of being the most fantastic program ever, it just makes me cry :(
Any idea why my customs won't stay loaded?

Ah -- ok, I know what it is.

You aren't setting the 'expiry' date. By default, the software 'assumes' if it is 'past' a certain expiry date, that you can no longer enter them.
When you 'save' a new sweepstakes' you need to set the expiry date.

For now -- what you can do (as a 'quick' workaround to get them back) -- change the date on your computer, to say, 2009. Then start the software, edit & re-save each of your sweepstakes (but with a 'new' expiry date). Then change your computer date back (otherwise the rest of the software won't work correctly). Once you've done this, you should have your sweepstakes back.

Thanks,

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby wayneraltman » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:27 am

I am dying to know if that worked....
wayneraltman

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:57 am

Hi Wayne --

Yes, it did -- the software by default will 'expire' old sweepstakes (to keep it 'clean' for you). So, if you say set all your sweepstakes entries to 2010 (when it is now 2011), the next time you started the software, it would disappear. So it is important to make sure that the correct 'expiry' date is set for your custom sweepstakes. (It also helps you make sure that you enter within the rules/regulations/etc).

Thanks!

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby wayneraltman » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:40 am

I am not surprised that it worked it makes perfect sense, what surprises me is your thinking outside the box and figuring that out...

Maybe I am easily impressed, or maybe I am used to morons giving very poor customer service.. Take your pick but color me impressed..
wayneraltman

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:49 am

wayneraltman wrote:I am not surprised that it worked it makes perfect sense, what surprises me is your thinking outside the box and figuring that out...

Maybe I am easily impressed, or maybe I am used to morons giving very poor customer service.. Take your pick but color me impressed..

Ah, haha, thanks. I see what you are talking about now. Thanks for the compliment.

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Return to Bug Reports