[FIXED!] Classic Heartland wrong url

If you notice any bugs, please post them here. Please indicate what operating system you are using, what kind of computer, amount of RAM, etc, etc, in order to help speed things up. Thanks!

[FIXED!] Classic Heartland wrong url

Postby myturn7 » Sun May 15, 2011 1:26 pm

I don't know why, but I always find problems with Classic Heartland on here. The url does NOT go to the entry form page. But all of the submissions show that they have successfully been sent. Now I don't know if I actually am entering these sweeps or not. But I don't want to enter manually and be disquilified.

T
myturn7

[FIXED!] Errors in NINJA Submissions

Postby myturn7 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:44 am

Since my last 2 bug reports were never responded to, I figured what's one more. I changed the pause timer to 30 seconds so I could watch each one being entered. Thank goodness I did, because there are issues with the Ninja Submissions that should be addressed asap. I enter sweeps everyday using the software and trust that my entries are going through since I did pay for the service. But after finding the following errors, it's disappointing to say the least.

Classic Heartland - I have posted twice about this one with no response to either post. The urls attached to these sweeps go to the home page, NOT the entry pages. But the system shows that the entry is successfully sent. Just because the system can open "a" page, does not mean that the submission was successful. For 30 seconds, I watched it sit on the home page, saw the system show success and move on to the next sweep.

Elle Decor - Again, this one shows successfully submitted when it was not. There are two problems here. The birthday is not filled in and the submit button is never entered. It sits for 30 seconds and moves on to the next sweep.

Leites Culinary - This one gets the SSNA error on every single sweep. It looks like the system does not recognize the enter (submit) button. But at least this one does not show as successfully submitted when it hasn't.

I love the idea of the software. But we should be able to have some control of the ninja sweeps. Just like the "your submissions", we should be allowed to go in and fix the urls and fix any items that are missing on the forms. I hate bothering you, Jonathan. What you have done with this software is a wonderfuly thing. And we all know how hard you have worked on it and continue to work on it every day. But if the system doesn't work, fixing the existing problems are so much more important than adding new features.

Respectfully,
Tammy
myturn7

Re: Errors in NINJA Submissions

Postby DesertDance » Wed May 18, 2011 11:51 am

Well said, Tammy! I agree 100%! I get SSNA on Leites a lot, BUT I did win something from them also, so maybe it's a random problem.
Suzi
DesertDance

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Wed May 18, 2011 12:40 pm

Yep, currently updating the sweeps, including the leites... those should be updated shortly.
SweepstakesNinja

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Wed May 18, 2011 2:09 pm

Also -- with the ElleDecor/ClassicHeartland -- those *are* sent successfully. You are just getting a quick 'snapshot' of the submission process. (It just takes 'snapshots' as things are submitted, so it is submitted as fast as possible. If it took a 'snapshot' "in transit", it would be slower).
SweepstakesNinja

Postby myturn7 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:17 am

Thank you, Suzi!

Jonathan, Here's the problem, I grabbed the Classic Heartland Bose Headphones sweeps for the example, but they are all the same. The url listed on Ninja is:

http://www.classicheartland.com/sweepstakes/bose.html

This page is the description of the item. The url for the entry form is:

http://www.classicheartland.com/sweepstakes/boseentry.html

All of the urls go to the description page instead of the entry page. I don't see how the system can think it is entering when these is nothing on the page to enter. They system would have to click on the entry form, take it to the entry page, enter all the information and then click submit. Like I said in my earlier post, I watched it for 30 seconds. The software did not go to the entry page.

And the Elle Decor, after watching it, it never left the entry form because the birthday was not entered, as it is a required field.

Tammy
myturn7

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Fri May 20, 2011 8:01 am

Ok,

Tammy. Imagine this. You have a camera, and are taking pictures of someone running a 100 yard dash. You quickly take the picture -- but you are taking 'snapshots'. So you might not get a picture of the person passing someone, and if you aren't fast enough, you might not even get a picture when they break the ribbon as they past the finish line. But you can certainly get a picture at the start of the race, because everything is still -- and you can get a picture when everything is finished, because it is still as well.

That is how the software works. It is correctly filling in that information -- but the preview window is just that -- a 'preview'. It is entering it correctly. If it does not, you will get the 'SSNA' message.

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby myturn7 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:53 pm

I completely understand what you're saying. I just don't think you understand what I'm saying.

If the url is not on the entry page, I don't see how the system can enter it.

So the way I am going to handle this is to delete all Classic Heartland sweeps from the Ninja Submissions and enter them in the "your submissions" tab. This way I can make sure my entry is received. On an entry form.
myturn7

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Wed May 25, 2011 9:17 am

Hi Tammy,

I believe I do know what you are referring to.

The software handles it intelligently. I have 'personally' processed those sweepstakes, so I *know* that the classic heartland first goes to the 'regular' page, then the 'entry' page. The software does to (I told it to). The preview window only shows you 'snapshots' of what is being entered as it is entered. So this means that you may not see every single URL it visits (because otherwise it could potentially really slow down your submissions). However, if it says it has entered it, it has. But the software does first go to the 'regular' sweepstakes page, then clicks on the 'entry' page (just like a real person would), then fills out the details there, & processes it.

I hope that helps,

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Re: [FIXED!] Classic Heartland wrong url

Postby HawgsFan » Tue May 15, 2012 8:28 am

Okay, I will take your word that it does go to the entry page, but the entry page on Classic Heartland sweeps has a CAPCHA box now. How does SN get around that???
HawgsFan
HawgsFan

Next

Return to Bug Reports