[FIXED!] Womans Day are not submitting!

If you notice any bugs, please post them here. Please indicate what operating system you are using, what kind of computer, amount of RAM, etc, etc, in order to help speed things up. Thanks!

[FIXED!] Womans Day are not submitting!

Postby kacor7 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:30 am

When I run the Ninja portion, it goes through and after a few minutes its done with a *Success* for each contest listed- Ok, so one is to assume then that the form/contest entry submitted? Well, thats not the case.. In the past, if I have submitted a Womans Day contest which was already submitted for the day, Womans Day screen would show *oops, we already have your entry for the day* Ok, that was a good check.

Well I just randomly picked a few Womans Day contests which are listed on Ninja & Ninja *allegedly submitted successfully* for me and they went through Womans Day like they were going through for the first time - WHICH TELLS ME that they never successfully went through Ninja-

So, just because Ninja gives me a *Success* , it doesn't mean that the contest actually was accepted or went through

I mean, this is ridiculous. What am I paying for if I have to go and resubmit everything on my own?

Sorry, I know this sounds confusing. Basically what I'm saying is that these contests listed on Ninja, specifically Womans Day, are not successfully going through
kacor7

Re: Womans Day are not submitting!

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:57 am

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

The sweepstakes actually 'are' being submitted. It depends how the "specific" sweepstakes sites check for duplicate entries.
It has to do with programming, and how lazy or "active" the programmer implementing it is.

a) Some sweepstakes sites will actualy "record" your IP address, and put it into a database. If you then try submitting again, it will say "You've already submitted!"
Programatically, this is, relatively speaking, a lot of work to do, and most programmers don't like doing more work than they have to, so will use option (b).
(By the way, 'this' way is the 'better' way of doing it).

b) For option (b), some programmers will instead use an 'easy' way of detecting duplicates, which is by simply setting a 'cookie'. Since Sweepstakes Ninja enters
through its 'own' browser (so to speak), if you then try entering through a "new" (different) browser, since it is a "new" cookie, the sweepstakes site will think 'ahh! it is ok to
enter again" (when in reality, it's not). This is the "lazy" way of programming, because for 90% people, they don't switch browsers, etc).

So bottomline, the software is working correctly. If you are entering a 2nd time through browser windows, I do not recommend that, because then quite possibly
you are entering too many times, and could potentially be disqualified.

Thanks,

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Return to Bug Reports