[FIXED!] Run Time Error 339

If you notice any bugs, please post them here. Please indicate what operating system you are using, what kind of computer, amount of RAM, etc, etc, in order to help speed things up. Thanks!

[FIXED!] Run Time Error 339

Postby JRam1629 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:17 pm

I have installed the software twice and restarted my pc each time and i continue to receive a run time error 339:
Component COMDLG32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

John
JRam1629

[FIXED!] Re: Run Time Error 339

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:47 am

Hi John,

Sent an e-mail.

Ok, it is strange, a very small percentage of Windows computers have this. I (at the moment) am still not yet sure what causes this. (Technically speaking, what it is - is Windows is looking for the comdlg32.ocx to be installed in \windows\system32\, or the equivalent vista path. You can also from the command line do a "regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx", but for whatever reason, this very small percentage of Windows machines (I think < 1%) does not seem to register it correctly. (Don't yet know why, am still looking for a solution).

But in the meantime, if you have a 2nd computer (i.e., laptop/desktop), try installing it on that, and it should work fine.

Thanks,

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Return to Bug Reports