Run-time error

If you notice any bugs, please post them here. Please indicate what operating system you are using, what kind of computer, amount of RAM, etc, etc, in order to help speed things up. Thanks!

Run-time error

Postby Juliezzz » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Sweepstakes Ninja worked fine for me for a few weeks, then I started having computer problems (Windows wouldn't start).

I fixed that. When I tried to open Sweepstakes Ninja, it loaded all the sweepstakes, but before the actual program window is supposed to come up it says there is an error. (I've attached a picture of it)

I tried uninstalling it and installing it from scratch, but it's still giving me the same thing.
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (26.53 KiB) Viewed 7724 times
Juliezzz

Re: Run-time error

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Hi Julie,

Ok, it sounds like you might be missing a file. Please try re-installing the software, and let me know if that works for you.

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby Juliezzz » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:23 pm

Juliezzz wrote:I tried uninstalling it and installing it from scratch, but it's still giving me the same thing.

I previously did this using Revo to make sure I got rid of every leftover file.

Re-installed to no avail.
Juliezzz

Postby Juliezzz » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:19 am

I appreciate you sending me the bill a week early after I asked a question but you did not answer my question about the error code that is occurring on my computer. I am having to run the program on my son's computer and I am not able to spend the time entering my own sweepstakes on there. If I cannot get it back onto my own computer because of this error code, I will not be able to renew this subscription. I also am not able to send a PM to get into the private forum. If you cannot send me the fix for the error code before the 23rd I will not be able to renew. Julie
Juliezzz

Postby bleedinghrt » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:44 pm

Juliezzz wrote:I appreciate you sending me the bill a week early after I asked a question but you did not answer my question about the error code that is occurring on my computer. I am having to run the program on my son's computer and I am not able to spend the time entering my own sweepstakes on there. If I cannot get it back onto my own computer because of this error code, I will not be able to renew this subscription. I also am not able to send a PM to get into the private forum. If you cannot send me the fix for the error code before the 23rd I will not be able to renew. Julie

This is what i was talking about in my post in the Main Discussion Area.... I can not PM you or anyone else for that matter... How do you PM? These are the reasons members feel the need to NOT upgrade and pay ANY money for something that is supposed to work and doesn't..... Where are U Johnathan???
bleedinghrt

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:17 am

Hi Julie,

Ok, please try running it on a different computer. It sounds like there is some setting that has been changed on that computer, and I'm not exactly sure what it is that is causing that.

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby donebythefish » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:45 am

Julie you said you "fixed" windows after the problem with it booting. Can you be more specific about what you did/how you fixed it? That might give Johnathan a clue as to what's going on. Did you reinstall windows after a format? Did you do a system restore from a previous point? Change registry settings? Find malware/spyware/adware and remove it?
donebythefish

Postby Juliezzz » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:26 pm

i had to do a repair install. this is the only program that will not come back after uninstall and reinstall. as i said, it is not feasible for me to use someone elses computer. also still not able to PM or get into the private forums. i received an email that this was being forwarded to tech support and have not received any response. i like this program well enough to use it although it does have some issues. where is the tech support. telling me to use another computer is not helpful at all.
Juliezzz

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Juliezzz wrote:i had to do a repair install. this is the only program that will not come back after uninstall and reinstall. as i said, it is not feasible for me to use someone elses computer. also still not able to PM or get into the private forums. i received an email that this was being forwarded to tech support and have not received any response. i like this program well enough to use it although it does have some issues. where is the tech support. telling me to use another computer is not helpful at all.

Hi Julie,

Actually, while I do appreciate Fish's help, he was mistaken in that saying using another computer is not helpful at all.

It is. Do you have another computer you can try it on? From the sounds of it, it sounds like something has been done to your existing computer. The way to figure out/diagnose the problem is one way, to test it on another computer. If you do have access to one, please try it on that computer. If not, then it sounds like you are going to need to do a system reinstall (which, if you have the backup CDs, and have backed up your existing files/documents/pictures/etc, usually only takes 1 hour to run). The reason is, is because it sounds like from what you have indicated some windows files have been damaged, and this is the most expedient way of fixing them. (It is not related to the software at all).

Please let me know whether you do have access to another system, and/or what kinds of anti virus software you've been running, what changes you made recently, etc, etc.

Thanks,

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby Juliezzz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:43 pm

ok thank you, Can you tell me how to get into the private forum on here, I am not able to send a PM
Juliezzz

Next

Return to Bug Reports