[FIXED!] Problems with freezing up when entering....

If you notice any bugs, please post them here. Please indicate what operating system you are using, what kind of computer, amount of RAM, etc, etc, in order to help speed things up. Thanks!

[FIXED!] Problems with freezing up when entering....

Postby sunny » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:37 pm

some sweepstakes in the "Your Sweepstakes" section. Just get the twirling button and it just sits there. When I close the screen I get a generic message that Sweepstakes Ninja is not responding and the two options- 1)waiting or 2)closing. These sweepstakes were working fine until about two days ago- what changed?
sunny

Re: Problems with freezing up when entering....

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:45 am

Hmm, nothing changed, so that is strange. Perhaps something changed on the actual 'sweepstakes' site. Please list them here, as well as disable them on your end (so it doesn't freeze/lock like that, which sounds strange. But disabling if indeed it is doing that is the quickets/easiest solution).

Thanks,

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby Attea2d » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:25 pm

I also occasionally get hangups when manually entering sweepstakes through Ninja. I don't believe it is any specific sweepstakes causing the issue as I haven't noticed that it occurs with the same Sweepstakes every time. What I do notice though is that sometimes links within Ninja will not open (good examples are Facebook links and Twitter links but it also occurs with other links within the sweepstakes). This is a Ninja issue as I can go to the exact same sweep outside of Ninja and it works fine. Being an impatient soul, I will click things multiple times, open another webpage and try it there and sometimes cause my own grief that way. I do know that I sometimes get messages from Norton about high CPU usage with Ninja. I generally have several windows open at the same time ( a couple of different browsers, my personal email and my sweepstakes email, and various other and sundry webpages) so I am thinking that Windows gets bogged down due to lack of resources or too many things going on at the same time. I'm not so sure this is totally a Ninja problem but it does happen.
Attea2d

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:00 pm

Ok, I've added some extra 'timer' code, so this should be fixed in the next release... (It will wait about 10-15 seconds, and if it can't submit by then, it will be 'timed out')...

Thanks,

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Return to Bug Reports