Big Sweep database issue(s)

If you notice any bugs, please post them here. Please indicate what operating system you are using, what kind of computer, amount of RAM, etc, etc, in order to help speed things up. Thanks!

Big Sweep database issue(s)

Postby MissEcho » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:17 pm

I love the auto-entry, it's the single reason I joined Ninja. I've manually saved about 100 sweeps to "My submissions". I screen then through Sweepstakes Advantage (Plus), and add the ones I think will be Ninja auto-entry(able). I keep track with a SA Plus "my sweeps" category named NINJA. This is a bit time consuming, but it works well for me.

When the "Big Sweeps" feature became available, I thought Yay, less manual labor for me, however; I can't decipher which categories have recent sweeps added so I end up downloading the same sweeps over and over; many of which I've previously screened and chose not to add to Ninja. Today after downloading 10 for me and 10 for hubby, I ended up actually adding 2(of the 20 downloads) to my submissions. I'm assuming this feature is a work in progress and will evolve, or am I missing something? Maybe a way to track which downloads I've visited?
MissEcho

Re: Big Sweep database issue(s)

Postby donebythefish » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Hey Miss Echo

I use Sweepstakes Plus also and discovered the same thing this morning. It would be nice if Johnathan could script a DB check for duplicate entries somehow without having the two being *exactly* the same (like, it seems the title in the downloadable DB is touch different than what you manually enter from the sweepstakesplus website)... however, I only use SweepsPlus to do 1-time entries and only enter the new ones so it's easy for me to keep track. I'm finding Ninja is just too time-consuming to add daily's to so I'm just going with the flow and it's built-in DB for now.

Maybe if all form fields weren't required to add a sweeps to Ninja, I'd be more willing to add more of my own. I hate having to navigate to a rules page to enter it into ninja (I can do that on my own and then back again for start dates and values and such), nor do I often care about the cash value or category or whatever. Make these fields optional, Johnathan (hint hint!).

:)

Anyways, Good Luck Miss Echo!
donebythefish

Postby MissEcho » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks for the good wishes Fish, To add sweeps to Ninja's "My Submissions", I actually open sweepstakes plus in Ninja's sweepstakes finder tab, then open the sweeps I think may be auto entry, that way the rules, expiration dates and etc. are all right where I can get to them.

Good Luck to you to.
MissEcho

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:38 am

Hi Guys,

Ok, thanks for the input. I will be uploading a new version shortly that now makes it more obvious which entries are 'new', etc.

By default, the software always has checked the 'url' of the new sweepstakes (so you can avoid adding duplicate sweepstakes, etc). However, a notice now has been included to show that.

Also, any new sweepstakes that are now downloaded will have the '[NEW]' tag listed.

As for cutting and pasting things, there is now a 'copy' field (when you right click your mouse).

Thanks,

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby donebythefish » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:01 pm

You're TOO good, Johnathan :)
donebythefish

Return to Bug Reports