Big Sweeps DB not working

If you notice any bugs, please post them here. Please indicate what operating system you are using, what kind of computer, amount of RAM, etc, etc, in order to help speed things up. Thanks!

Re: Big Sweeps DB not working

Postby MissEcho » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:30 pm

I posted some of the same issues on March 17th and have not used the "Big Sweeps" data base for quite a while now, it just does not work for me. I'd like to see the "Big Sweeps" listed the same way as the "Ninja Submissions", that way I could see each sweep individually and enter or delete sweeps more effectively. I'm going to suggest this in feature requests.

This is a part of what I posted March 17th. . . . . .
When the "Big Sweeps" feature became available, I thought Yay, less manual labor for me, however; I can't decipher which categories have recent sweeps added so I end up downloading the same sweeps over and over; many of which I've previously screened and chose not to add to Ninja. Today after downloading 10 for me and 10 for hubby, I ended up actually adding 2(of the 20 downloads) to my submissions. I'm assuming this feature is a work in progress and will evolve, or am I missing something? Maybe a way to track which downloads I've visited?[/quote]
MissEcho

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Ahhh ok, thanks. yes, the Big Sweepstakes is currently being redesigned.

I didn't realize it would 're-download' sweepstakes that were deleted, etc, so that is currently being fixed.

Thanks,

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby donebythefish » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:42 pm

YAY! And yes, it would be nice to see what/which sweeps the Big Sweeps DB is listing instead of just categories (hint hint) - but all in all, I'd be happy without it in return for more or different functionality - I can find my own sweeps and would rather have functionality like having ninja acomodate 5x a day entries (likie enter 5x and then stop until next day), unlimited/don't stop entering while program is running, a search function, a listing of actual url's in the sweeps listings (for those of us geeky enough to need it) and so on.... just a suggestion - still a WONDERFUL piece of software :)
donebythefish

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:08 pm

Hi Fish --

Thanks -- ok, I finally figured out what was happening, so two things (in the next update), will be fixed.

a) It will 'remember' which sweepstakes you've downloaded (so won't "redownload" sweepstakes if you decide you want to delete a couple, i.e., hearst magazine, etc).
b) It will also 'remember' which ones you've "uncheckmarked".

As for 'what' it is listing, what do you mean -- the actual sweepstakes themselves? (It prefixes a "[New!]" to the title of any new sweepstakes you download).
& for URL listings -- do you mean the 'Ninja' sweepstakes, or 'Your Submissions'?

Thanks,

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Ok, ps -- anyways, a number of issues here seem to be fixed now.

Cheers!

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Previous

Return to Bug Reports